We've updated several features in Feedback Genius in an effort to align with Amazon’s Code of Conduct, which is a set of standards established by Amazon and applicable to developers of any third-party software that interacts with the MWS API.
Seller Labs will always strive to meet the highest standards of third-party software providers, giving you the reassurance that you won’t experience any interruption in service as Amazon continues enforcing these types of policies. Below, we have detailed the changes to the Reviews and Feedback pages that have been made with this Code of Conduct in mind.
Feedback Page Changes
- Positive Feedback results will no longer show buyer information or feedback text. Instead you will be given the option to “View on Amazon”.
- If you have set up Seller Central integration clicking the “View on Amazon" link will direct you to the Order Details page for that feedback within your Seller Central account. If Seller Central integration is not complete, clicking this will take you to view the Feedback Manager page in Seller Central.
Reviews Page Changes
- The reviews page will no longer show buyer information, review title, or the review text.
- You will still be able to see the product image, star rating, the link to comment publicly on Amazon, and the ability to assign a status to your reviews for your own organization.
Feedback Genius Message Variables and Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- Removed the ability to search for orders using PII data (like the first name).
- Removed the ability to use buyer PII such as the buyer name, shipment recipient name, or shipment recipient address fields anywhere, unless you are a merchant-fulfilled seller.
- Removed the ability to send emails with personalized information.
(e.g. Hi [first-name]).
If you would like to take a look at the Code of Conduct page on Amazon you can click here!