Several features in Feedback Genius have been updated to align with Amazon’s Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct establishes a set of standards for developers of any third-party software that interacts with the Marketplace Web Services (MWS) API.
Seller Labs continually strives to meet Amazon's highest standards for third-party software providers. This ensures that you—the customer—won’t experience any interruption in service as Amazon continues enforcing these types of policies.
Listed below is a list of changes to the Reviews and Feedback pages in Feedback Genius that have been made with the Code of Conduct in mind.
Feedback Page Changes
- Positive Feedback results will no longer show buyer information or feedback text. Instead you will be given the option to View on Amazon.
- If you have set up Seller Central integration then clicking on the View on Amazon link will direct you to the Order Details page for that feedback in your Seller Central account. However, if Seller Central integration is not complete then clicking this will take you to view the Feedback Manager page in Seller Central.
Reviews Page Changes
- The reviews page will no longer show buyer information, review title, or the review text.
- You will still be able to see the product image, star rating, the link to comment publicly on Amazon, and the ability to assign a status to your reviews for your own organization.
Changes to Feedback Genius Message Variables Due to the Personally Identifiable Information (PII) Update
The following changes were made to Feedback Genius on Wednesday, August 21, 2019:
- A buyer's Personally Identifiable Information (PII) is no longer be available for use
- PII data elements such as buyer name, recipient name, and shipping address are not searchable or available for use within email messages and templates
- PII-related variables will be replaced with the default placeholder text as: The following message variables will now populate with placeholder text “Customer”:[[buyer-name]], [[first-name]]The following variables will not populate any content and show as blank text:[[recipient]], [[ship-address1]], [[ship-address2]], [[ship-city]], [[ship-state]], [[ship-zip]], [[ship-country]]
- Feedback Genius email templates have been updated to ensure they are compliant with Amazon
- The ability to search for orders using PII data (like the first name) has been removed
- The ability to use buyer PII such as the buyer name, shipment recipient name, or shipment recipient address fields anywhere—unless you are a merchant-fulfilled seller—has been removed
- The ability to send emails with personalized information (e.g. Hi [first-name]) has been removed
All Feedback Genius messages will still send automatically as scheduled.