This step refers to the "Approved Sender" column on the Marketplace Settings page of your Feedback Genius Account.
⏳ It takes about 1 minute to complete this step.
❓ Why do I have to do this step?
All messages sent through Feedback Genius route through Amazon's Buyer-Seller messaging system in your Seller Central account. This means we must send messages with your Seller Central login email address or an Approved Sender email address. If this is not set up, the messages will appear to send but will actually be blocked by Amazon.
This is an easy but critical step, so follow the instructions below!
INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO: Set Up Approved Sender Email Address in Feedback Genius (4 mins)
⏮ Back to Feedback Genius Welcome Page
Prefer written instructions? Keep reading!
Step 1: Visit your Marketplace Settings page in Feedback Genius
- Sign into Feedback Genius and visit the Marketplace Settings page.
- Look at the emails in the APPROVED SENDER column.
Step 2: Edit the emails to match your Seller Central login email address or an email in your Message Permissions page
Feedback Genius auto-populates this column with your Feedback Genius account email. Some of you signed up for Feedback Genius with a different email from your Seller Central email address.
✅ If the APPROVED SENDER email addresses already match your Seller Central login email or an email in your Message Permissions page in your Seller Central account, you don't have to do anything! (You can confirm this when your sent messages have an open rate higher than 0%, and are reflected on Seller Central's sent message page)
⚠️ If the APPROVED SENDER email addresses do NOT match your Seller Central login email or an email in your Message Permissions page in your Seller Central account, you must edit them:
- Click "EDIT"
- Enter in either your Seller Central login email or an email in your Message Permissions page for each marketplace.
🙌 That's it! You're done. You can now dismiss the "Approved Sender" notification banners from the dashboard and Marketplace Settings page.
"How will I know if if I've completed this step correctly?"
- ✅ All of my APPROVED SENDER email addresses in Feedback Genius match my registered Seller Central email.
- ✅ OR, my APPROVED SENDER email addresses in Feedback Genius match an email in your Message Permissions page for each of my marketplaces in Seller Central.
FAQs & Further Reading
- Will customers see my Approved Sender email address? No. When messages are sent through Amazon's Buyer-Seller Messaging system, it rewrites the sender to include your Amazon store name and unique cryptic-looking email address (they look like email@example.com).
- When on the Marketplace Settings page, I noticed that some of my marketplaces have an "Inactive" status. How do I make them "Active"? You can edit the status of your marketplace in Seller Labs by navigating to your Marketplace Connections page!
- Amazon is informing me an email address is trying to send messages on my behalf. What should I do?
- Messages are sending in Feedback Genius, but not Seller Central. Is my "Approved Sender" email address set up correctly?
Need help? Our support team is happy to assist you! 🙂
- Connect via the in-app chat icon, located in the bottom-right of your screen while logged into any of our apps
- Search the Knowledge Base to see if your question has already been answered
- Make an appointment with us for more direct support
- Call our support line at (404) 909-8251 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday