Feedback Genius's email variables are information placeholders for your messages. For example, placing the [[order-id]] variable, in your message body, will replace the variable placeholder with the unique Order ID of the customer who placed the order.
️⚠️ Due to Amazon's data protection policies, customization options such as [[first-name]] and [[buyer-name]] are not recommended for messages. Read more about this change on our blog highlighting Amazon changes to MWS API data. ⚠️
Feedback Genius Variables are located on the left side of the Edit Message page, when creating or editing an email. Click each section (Order Info, Shipping Info, Links) to expand the variables for that section:
For any of the link variables (found in the other sections of the variables), you can specify the text that should appear in any hyperlink by adding a colon after the word "link" and typing in the text that you would like hyperlinked.
The most useful variables are:
- [[product-name]] - Shows the name of what the customer purchased
- [[feedback-link]] - Creates a link for your buyer to leave seller feedback specific to their order
- [[product-review-link]] - Creates a direct link for the buyer to leave a product review
- [[order-id]] - Inserts the unique Order ID for that particular order
If your links aren't working in your test messages, this is normal. They will pull in the correct information once the message is set to "Active".
Please see this article for more information on Test Messages.
Need help? Our support team is happy to assist you! 🙂
- Connect via the in-app chat icon, located in the bottom-right of your screen while logged into any of our apps
- Search the Knowledge Base to see if your question has already been answered
- Make an appointment with us for more direct support
- Call our support line at (404) 909-8251 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday