This step will help you create your first Feedback Genius Message.
⏳ It takes about 15 minutes to complete this step.
❓Why do I have to do this step?
Feedback Genius provides you the flexibility to create and customize your own messages.
Choose from several templates to get a head start, or write your own message from scratch!
(If you don't complete this step, you will not have a message to send.)
Step 1: Click on the Messages tab in the Feedback Genius dashboard home screen. Then click on the "NEW MESSAGE" button.
Step 2: Once the orange button is clicked, select from three options that pop up:
- View Library of Templates
- Copy Existing Message
- Start From Scratch
Step 3: Write message title, subject line, and assign marketplace.
- Enter Message Title - The "Message Title” field is for assigning an internal name to the message itself and will not be seen by your customer. This field is for your use only.
- Subject - Subject line that your buyers will see in their email inbox. If you are using one of our templates, it will pre-fill with a subject line. **Double asterisks**denote where you will fill in customized details.
- Status - Leave this as "Test" for now.
- ⚠️ Marketplace - Be sure to select the correct marketplace for your message. Each email can only be configured to send for one marketplace. If you need to send a message to more than one marketplace, you can later use the "Copy Existing Message" feature to create a new message for each marketplace.
Step 4: Write your message content or edit the template content.
- If you are writing the message from scratch, write your desired content in the message body.
- If you are using a template, customize the message body (Mad Libs style 😊) with unique details about your product or brand. Replace **double asterisks** and suggested content with your own customized details and brand voice.
- Use the text editor options to add an attachment, add your logo as an image, or enter in custom HTML.
- Utilize message variables on the left sidebar to pull in dynamic information about your buyer, the product, or the order. For example, inserting [[first-name]] in the message will display the buyer's first name when the buyer receives it. The [[product-review-link]] variable will insert a link directly to the review section of the product purchased.
Quick Tip: Hyperlink the Link variables over your own text!
For example, [[product-review-link:Leave your review here!]] will show the text "Leave your review here!" with the relevant review link as a clickable hyperlink.
Step 5: Send a test message.
- Click the "Save & Send Test" button to send a test message to your email inbox.
Step 6: Select triggers and filters.
- Click the green "Continue" button.
- Select WHEN you want the message to send, from "Immediately" up to 10 weeks after the trigger.
- Select the EVENT TRIGGER for the message: Confirmed, Shipped, marked 'Out for Delivery', Delivered, Positive Feedback is Left, or Returned:
[Note: Seller Central Integration is required to trigger based on Positive Feedback is Left. Seller Central Integration is also required for Merchant-fulfilled orders to send on the 'Out for Delivery' and Delivered triggers.]
- If you want to send the message to ONLY specific SKUs or ASINs, list those in the ITEM FILTER section:
Step 7: Check Advanced Filters
- On the same page, click "Show Advanced Filters" to review and edit if necessary:
Feedback Genius offers more advanced filters than any other buyer-seller messaging tool on the market.
Use the advanced filters to send messages during a specific date range, send to past orders (up to 60 days past), target or exclude specific SKUs, ASINs, shipping countries, order type, price, and more.
️Two important advanced filters to check and adjust if necessary:
- "Minimum Condition" (default = New) - Change to N/A if you want to send messages for all products, regardless of their New or Used condition.
- "Discount was applied to item" (default = No) - Change to N/A if you want to send messages for all products, even if they are discounted.
Click "DONE" when complete.
Step 8: Set your message to "Active."
On the Message page, you will see your message listed in the table in "Test" status. Click on the orange triangle icon to turn on the message. The status should change to "Active."
🙌 All done!
"How will I know if I've completed this step correctly?"
- ✅ I have a message listed in the Messages table with status "Active" and listing the correct marketplace.
- ✅ Once I receive orders and messages should be sending, I can verify that they are being sent from Feedback Genius in my Sent tab.
- ✅ I can check the "Sent" tab in Seller Central's Buyer/Seller Messenger. This will verify that messages sent by Feedback Genius are routing through Amazon to my customers.
⏮ Back to Feedback Genius Welcome Page
FAQs & Further Reading
- What does .mx mean at the end of my marketplace? The .mx denotes the Mexican marketplace.
- How do I send messages to past orders?
- How do I target only specific products with a message?
- How do I add a link to an image using Feedback Genius variables?
- When creating/editing a message, what should I put in the “Message Title” field?
- Can I send messages to both my FBA and FBM (Merchant Fulfilled) orders?
- I am not receiving test messages
- How do I add an attachment to my message(s)?
- How do I change the sender in my test messages?
- Can I add custom HTML to my messages?
- How do I exclude orders of a certain product from being sent my message?
- What order events can I send my Feedback Genius messages on?
- Can I insert my own links in messages?
- How do I address a customer by name in my messages?
- Can I copy messages from one marketplace to also work for another marketplace?
- Can I send a message for Merchant-Fulfilled orders?